Saturday, February 16, 2008

"They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab, I said

Ow, ow, ow."

Thankfully it's not Amy Winehouse type rehab. I just got back into bed after being up for the third time today. Twice on the walker to use the loo and just now I walkered down to the PT room and then crutched all the way back. It's definitely not without pain, but it feels so good to be up and moving. The hardest part is manuvering my op-leg off of and back onto the bed. That and the sharp jags of pain that sneak up on me.

I've been off of the morphine drip since yesterday. I take Vicodins at fairly regular intervals but not always 2 each time. I feel clear headed.

All of my tubes are out as of this moring. They only left the IV tap in my hand "just in case." I'm wearing my own night gown and slippers. Sandra, Lydia and Jim A came to visit me. It's a good day.

Thank you all for your emails and blog comments. It really lifts my spirits to hear from you - keep 'em coming! I feel like I've turned a big corner today.

Looks like I'll be going home tomorrow.

Yea!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Here's hoping you're getting a good night's sleep tonight and that you will be in your own bed tomorrow night.
So happy to hear everything is going well.