Sunday, February 17, 2008

Home

I got paroled this morning. Yea!

I'm getting better with the crutches although I still need to talk myself though it: "crutch, bad leg, good leg, crutch, bad leg, good leg, keep the head up, look forward, crutch, bad leg, good leg..." I'm sure it's like driving a stick shift for the first time - pretty soon I'll be able to do it without thinking so hard.

I was sent home with an Rx for Norco (vicodin) and coated asprins to keep away the clots. I can take Tylenol instead of the Norcos if I want. I want to try to get though these first few days only taking the narcs at night and then I will switch to Tylenol PM at night. As it is, I haven't taking a Norco since 2:30 AM, only Tylenol.

I was told by the PT to get up and move once an hour - very happy news for me. I did a little negotiating with the PT regarding my plans to go the mall to practice crutching. In my world, I'd be headed there right now - they want me to wait until Tuesday or preferably Wednesday. I hope I'll feel strong enough to go to Dog School on Wednesday night to watch Doug run Paris.

Bob and Mary have come down from CT for the week so that Doug can go back to work tomorrow. While he won't admit to it, I'm sure he's happy to get a break from Hipville. He's been so great.

I'm just so happy to be back. I really feel like I'm getting better every hour, every day.

:)

3 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations on making it through to the other side! I stumbled across your blog and love it, as I also have my own 'hip blog'! Good luck with your recovery it only gets better!
-Susie

LH said...

Hi Susie,

Thanks for your note - I'm glad you came across my blog. What is the name of yours? I'd love to check it out!

best,
Laura

Susie said...

It is susie711.blogspot.com
I spent a lot of time in bed with my laptop those first few days/ weeks! Enjoy!
-Susie