Thursday, February 14, 2008

And so it goes...

Okay...having solved several connectivity issues AND password and sign on issues...hopefully this post will land in the right place.

Anyway...just a quick update on "Hipchicknyc"...

Laura was in good spirits this morning although a bit nervous but in a good way. I like to think it is more excitement moving forward with anticipation of good things to come out of this. Being the son of a doctor, I have had my experiences with hospitals...both as a visitor in many ways and as a patient. Hospital for Special Surgery so far has impressed me immensly. All of the nurses, techs, doctors etc. that I have met and or spoken to are top notch.

Laura's doctor advised shortly before she went in on time at 12:30 this afternoon that she would be about 3 to 3 and a half hours. So I am sitting here in the family waiting room speaking to all of you, answering e-mails and trying to get a little work done so I am not burried on Monday. I can't wait for her to get out of surgery and my own anxiety/nervousness is making it difficult to get work done. Certainly there is comfort in writing this as I haven't put anything to "paper" until now. I have tried to portray the "rock" so as not to make Laura any more anxious than necessary but this morning it came through and she said I seemed more nervous than she felt. Of course I am nervous as I committed my life and love to her many years ago. She will be fine and my heart tells me this as she is in good hands...did I mention how impressive the staff is in this place...LOL.

Laura should be out of surgery in about an hour or so and I need to get a few things done away form this computer. Hopefully she will be settled in her room around 5:30 or 6:oo and I can give a post op update at that time. She thanks everyone for their kind words of encouragement.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey there--

I just checked the clock and am hoping that at this time (4:24) Laura is out of surgery and on her way to her room...

I'll check in later this night...

xox
Jessica