Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day

Last night Doug and I safely negotiated our way in (via train) and out (via car service) of Manhattan. It was good practice for me - especially navigating through crowds.

People seem to fall into two distinct groups - The Compassionate and The Assh*les. The former will smile at you as they step aside, offer kind or encouraging words, point out potential hazards, alert the inattentive to your trajectory. The latter will blithely knock a crutch out from under you as they speed ahead to get around you without looking back. Lucky for me, I can project my voice pretty well and the NY'er in me isn't afraid to tell anyone just how big of an Assh*le they really are for nearly knocking me over.

Poor Doug thought he was going to have to break up a fight last night... At the end of the day though, Crutch Girl trumps Idiots and Assh*les as there always seemed to be a Compassionate ready to intercede on my behalf.

It was really great to see Eric and Steve. Good times.

Tonight we have Dog School. Tomorrow (weather permitted) we will make a trial run to my office. I'm ready to get back to work. Even Paris is sick of hanging out on the sofa with me...

I'M getting sick of hanging out on the sofa with me...

3 comments:

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

You go girl! Tell those assh*les where to go! So happy that you're braving the crowds, just be careful!
Cassie

Sarah said...

Just wait til you're down to a cane. It all changes. People actually start to do things for you because you have an air of tragic courage. Seriously. Just wait.