Thursday, February 21, 2008

One Week Post-Op

Wahoo! I survived my first week!

I still feel like I'm getting a bit better each day. It's my need to sleep (like a dead person) and my ginormous leg that are the most taxing. Oh, that and the rash on my back...

But here are the positives: I've been out of the house 3 times, I'm only taking vicodin at night, the nausea patch works pretty well, and I'm getting better at crutching and I don't feel like my arms are going to fall off. I guess the Pilate's push ups I did for a month pre-surgery paid off.

The PT came this morning to evaluate me. She, like the visiting nurse, told me to stand up straight. So I'm trying not to slouch. She'll come back next week to check in on me but I won't be able to start PT until I get clearance from Dr. Buly in March. She was very encouraging though and told me that it will be easier when I go in to have my left hip done - I'll know what to expect, I have the gear, and unlike now, my supporting leg will be a GOOD leg not a declining leg.

Bob and Mary went home tonight so it's just Doug and Paris and me for the weekend.

A big thanks to Sandra and Brooke for supplying us with food. It's so appreciated!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hi Laura,
I left you a comment the other day but I don't think it posted ... I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I wasn't able to write while I was on vacation, but I was thinking of you a lot! It sounds like you are getting through this pretty well, good for you! Best of luck for the next couple of weeks, and don't be afraid to knock people over with your crutch if it looks like they're going to run into you! It's not only a tool; it's a weapon!
Take care,
Cassie