Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday

Paris has 5 basic routes for her walkies: Park, High School, Morning Loop, Triangle, and Woods. Every day she has a specific route in mind and digs in her heels if we try to choose otherwise. This morning it was Woods. It's a half mile loop a short distance from the house. It was peaceful and quiet - not even the deer were there. The next time I'm back it will probably be Spring and yet the Woods are right across the street.

Doug and I had breakfast at our local diner for the second day in a row and then headed into the city. I got some slippers for my HSS stay - now there's nothing left to be done except pick up the shower stool.

We went and played pool for a couple of hours and had a lot of fun despite the fact that I suck at it. We contemplated bowling but that's just too much for the hips (and I'm pretty awful at bowling too.)

Tonight I'll watch the Grammys from home for the first time in 5 years. We've scaled way back on our coverage but I would have gone had it not been for the surgery. Considering the circumstance, I'm glad to be at home right now.

Last night Doug and I had our Valentines' dinner and I gave him the gift I bought in mid-November: a pair of tickets to the Clapton/Winwood concert at MSG on February 28th - exactly 2 weeks after my surgery. Um, yeah. I think I'll have to play that one by ear.

No comments: