Friday, February 1, 2008

Insurance Insanity

So, last night when I got home there were two letters from Cigna for me. The first is dated January 25th and is addressed to me. It says that they've reviewed my voluntary predetermination for my surgery and have determined it to be medically necessary. Good news. Then they go on to say that even though this is medically necessary they may or may not cover any and all of the expenses. How shocking.

The second letter I received is a copy of a letter sent to Dr. Buly dated January 26th (one day later) and it states that they reviewed the predetermination and are UNABLE to substantiate medical necessity. WTF??? They go on to say that they need to have copies of my xrays, MRI's, CT's and recent physical sent to them by March 15th so they can further evaluate.

What am I supposed to do? Reschedule? Wait? Punt?

Must speak with Allison today.

No comments: