Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Flakes and Flip Flops

I had my pre-ops today - pee'd in a cup, EKG, blood samples, and chest xrays.

Tonight's T'ai Chi class was cancelled due to snow. I took advantage of the free time and got a pre-op mani-pedi. Usually I give my toes the winter off as time to rejuvinate, but not right now - I'm not going into the OR with raggedy-ass off-season toes. If I have to look at a bloated, discolored post-op leg on Friday, at least if I look a little further, I'll see some nicely manicured toes. Toenail color: Runway.

OK, so it's been snowing since mid-afternoon... No problem, I switch out my boots for flip flops. Doug picked me up at the nail salon and we went out for dinner at our local Italian joint. Me in my hat, scarf, winter coat and flip flops. I don't care - I'm not ruining a fresh pedi because of a couple of inches of snow!

OMG! I've got one more day before the big one!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Laura!

Perfect weather for a mani-pedi, if you ask me! Good for you! And good for having a delicious Italian meal to boot (or to flip-flop!)

We're thinking of you and sending all sorts of hip warm wishes your way

xxx
jessica

LH said...

Thanks Jessica! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the other side of the mountain.