Thursday, February 7, 2008

1 Week Out

OK, so now I feel like the countdown clock is REALLY ticking... In seven days at this time the surgery will be DONE and I'll be on my way to getting better. Wow.

I reported in for jury duty today and was able to talk my way out of being considered for a criminal trial (read 3 week commitment) but had to sit through the impanneling process for a civil trial. Since I can't commit to 5 to 7 days of a trial, and with Tuesday being a court holiday for God only knows what, I was told by the not so warm and fuzzy judge that he was going to make me take a deferral so that I could have more of this fun in a few months time. But thankfully when they excused all of us not chosen for the trial, they gave each of us a letter for jury time served, good for the next six years. So, I've fulfilled my civic duty and I'm off the hook for a while. Whew. Another thing checked off the list.

I had dinner with my friend Kristine tonight. When I got up from the table it was my left hip that was squawking in pain and not the right. It bothers me that it has these moments - makes me wonder how long I will last before I have to have that side done too. My left knee has also been a bit bitchy lately. I'm hoping that all of this is because I'm at odd angles to compensate for the right and that I'm not just falling apart.

One week. I have one more Friday, one more weekend, a Monday, a Tuesday full of pre-op screening, the day before, and then it's here.

And then I'll be on the other side. I can climb this mountain.

No comments: