Sunday, April 27, 2008

What's in a Name?

I've got a site meter on my blog. I put it there at my mother's suggestion and out of my own curiosity. I find it interesting to check it out from time to time to see who's hitting The Year of the Hip. It shows the location of each visitor and if they found the site through a search engine, what the key search words were. All well and good. A lot of my hits come up as the result of people looking for more information on hip dysplasia, Dr. Buly, or other related subjects. Some are coming here through the links of my hip sisters. All cool.

Some are random Google miss-hits and near misses: platinum ring sets off metal detector, father-in-law, pain and Canadian crutches, etc.

Some are just plain icky searches. Unfortunately, some of my blog entry titles have made my site the pop up where I would just assume they not. "Metal Naked and/or Blubber Girl" was a real winner evidently. I've had hits from Bratislava in Slovakia, Diyarbakir in Turkey and Accra in Ghana to name a few. Clearly a journal of one woman's experience hip dysplasia isn't what they're looking for.

eeeeeeeewe!

On a positive note, I haven't used my cane since I left it in the car Friday night. I also haven't had any Tylenol this weekend. All good progress, but here's my dilemma: I'm headed back out to LA tomorrow - do I schlep the cane out there with me and leave it in the rental car or just make a go of it without it? I've done well this weekend without it, but can I make it through the next four days? I can always buy another one out there I suppose. Too bad they don't make canes that collapse down small enough to fit into my wheelie suitcase.

1 comment:

MY PAO STORY said...

CVS sells a cane that breaks down - you can fit in your purse!! (It fold 3 times I believe)
Beth :)