Sunday, April 6, 2008

Date Night

My big milestone today is that I finally got up the nerve to try on a pair of jeans and thankfully they fit!!! So, for the first time in almost 8 weeks I got to go out wearing something other than workout pants and shoes other than my Mephistos. Yay!

To celebrate Doug and I went out and played pool. I won two out of four games, but only by default. I did play better than I did on February 10th and I was also in less pain than I was then, but I'm still a pretty poor shot.

I used my Canadians (a.k.a. "gimp sticks") going in and out of the city - they really do make a big difference between walking like a normal person (albeit with Canadians) and walking with a cane and a limp. We got on the subway and there were no seats available so I leaned up against the door. An eastern European woman who had to be in her 80's saw me standing there and started bitching, in whatever her native language is, at the other passengers on the train. No translation required - she was pointing at me and then them. Finally she stood up and offered me her seat (which I declined) and someone else gave me theirs. I honestly would have been fine standing, but it is a lot easier to sit. Who knows, maybe common curteousy is tied to the economy.

No comments: