Monday, April 28, 2008

The Waiting Game

I'm SUPPOSED to fly out to LA today. For some reason I was booked on a 2:45 PM flight - I must have still been under the influence of the pain or too much Tylenol if I chose that time. Anyway, I made the best of the late departure time by going to PT in the AM and then showing up a little on the early side for my flight. There's bad weather here in NYC (rain) and although the radio talked about flight delays, when I arrived at JFK, mine was listed as being on time. Cool.

Then I get an email notification - flight delayed until 7 PM. Then I get another - delayed until 8. Then 8:30. Now 9:00. They've told me the aircraft that's supposed to carry us out there has departed LAX. We just have to wait for it to arrive and be turned around.

This is waaaaaaaay to much time to be hanging out here, but the thought of sitting in a car for an hour+ to get back into the city appeals to me less.

I've already visited both admiral's clubs, gotten myself a manicure, and drunk a beer. I can't go home and start this game again tomorrow because I need to be in LA by 7:30 AM tomorrow. Ugh!

Thank you Beth for the suggestion re CVS for a collapsing cane - I will be sure to check it out.

No comments: