Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fun with Flying

Got to JFK this morning with plenty of time for my special wanding. I did set off the metal detector, but I'm also wearing a gianormous hair barrett that probably would have set it off anyway. On the return I will make sure that I am completely "metal naked" to see if it's the 10" blade plate that sets off the machine. The TSA didn't give a rat's ass about the special ID card. As I suspected, my platinum status on the airline got me further.

The drag is that the flight has been delayed by more than an hour and a half. Some silly little part in the landing gear that needs to be replaced. They futsed around for 20 minutes before deciding to scrap the whole idea and put us on a different aircraft. Baggage and catering transfer will take 45 minutes at least.

As impatient as I am by nature, I'm surprisingly good in these types of situations. Flying an average of 70K miles a year, I'd drive myself to drink if I let every flight delay get to me. There are a lot of people on this one who aren't taking it quite so well. It's just air travel people, deal with it.

Me, I'd just assume have landing gear that works.

No comments: