Sunday, April 6, 2008

T-t-t-t-ake M-m-me Out T-t-t-t-o The B-b-b-all G-g-g-g-ame

Being a die hard baseball fan anywhere other than in a warm climate, is a challenge during the month of April.

We went to the Yankees game today and although it was only in the mid 40's, it was humid and felt bone-chillingly much, much colder. Having a 10" stainless steel blade plate embedded in my femur only makes it worse. Inexplicably, today I decided not to wear long underwear under my ubiquitous workout pants (OK, so what I failed to mention yesterday, is that the jeans I wore were probably my loosest, but hey, you gotta start somewhere...) It seemed warm enough when we got up, but did I really think I would be too warm??? Really??? I also forgot to bring my stadium blanket and rail pass with me. Good thing my head is attached. To make it through the game we ended up applying for Master Cards in order to get free fleece blankets, since the shops were all sold out. We'll only cancel the cards when they arrive - I was just desperate.

On this trip to the stadium I used my Canadians instead of the cane. I notice an improvement in my walking, for at least the short-term, every time I use them. Also important: people stay out of my way and give me the berth I need.

Tomorrow morning I'm back at PT. I hope Adam is feeling better.

No comments: