Monday, April 7, 2008

Step it Up - or Not

Adam and I are back on speaking terms. He gave me 3 new exercises to add to my personal training regime. He also told me to cut back on the stairs. Anyone who's spent any time living in NYC knows how hard that is - subway elevators and escalators are often either out of commission or a full block or more away from the entrance/exit you need to use. I infinite respect for the permanently disabled people living here. It's a challenge everyday. I have the good fortune of knowning that I will walk unassisted once again. Hats off to those of you who won't. Good for you for not letting the city beat you.

I negotiated with Adam regarding the stairs and he let me trade my cross-town shuttle for a three long block walk. It cuts out 4 flights of stairs (RT) and leaves me feeling like I got the better end of the deal.

Big day tomorrow - flying out to LA. TSA, here I come.

No comments: