Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cardio Problem Solved

Today I went to the gym and did one of the two activities Adam OK'ed for me to get some much longed for cardio: I used a speed bag.

I've got so say, I REALLY LIKED IT. It also blows the doors off of the lame-ass UBE/hand bike. I had one of the trainers get me started and then he left me on my own. 45 minutes later I made myself stop because my technique was getting a little sloppy. Mind you, my technique needs a whole lot of work, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Since I still have a fair amount of my crutch muscles left, my arms didn't get too tired. While I didn't get my heart rate up into the panting/sweating/outta breath zone, it was definitely up. The speed bag is also a fine way of blowing off a little tension. Mentally I feel so much better.

This guy is pretty cheesy, but watching this clip before I went to the gym gave me a little bit of a clue as to what I should be doing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oCGZ6smWppI

No comments: