Friday, April 4, 2008

B*tchy B*tch

I'm not a happy girl.

I got up at 6:00 this morning, despite the rain that blocked the sun which is the preferred way for my primitive brain to awaken versus the dreaded alarm clock. Skipped the shower, because I was going to PT after all, and headed into Manhattan dressed like a schlub - again, because I was going to PT. (You see where this is headed...)

I get all the way into f'ing Grand Central only to get a call that ooops! my PT guy, Adam has called in sick. Lovely. I have the joy and pleasure of finding myself at the office at the ungodly hour of 8 AM at a company where the norm is to work from 10 AM to 7 PM. Wahoo - I just love the fact that I've stumbled into an 11 hour Friday, unshowered and dressed for the gym.

I can't get a manicure because they don't open until 9:00. I can't go to Starbucks because I can't manage the cane and carry a purse and an umbrella AND a hot drink. I'm stiff and my back is killing me from the penguin walk. AAAARRRRRGGGG!

Upon reviewing my calendar for the day, I am reminded that a group of about 20 juniors from my alma mater will be here this afternoon to meet with me and two of my colleagues in the hopes of shaping their precious futures. "Hey kids, you too can grow up to be a crabby TV executive and limp into work looking like you just rolled off of the sofa after a day long marathon of True Life reruns." Yeeha.

I had best get my attitude in check by 1 PM... Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person???

No comments: