Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Hip Father-In-Law

Doug and I drove up to Cape Cod today to see my father-in-law. He's doing worlds better then when I saw him last, just after his surgery. He's still in rehab and next week will likely get moved to another facility for patients who require a little less supervision. All and all he's doing well. He asked me a bunch of questions about my hip, my recovery and PT. We now have a common bond beyond his son.

I haven't used my cane all day and was walking really quite well up until late afternoon when the limp switched on again. By the time we took my mother-in-law out for dinner the pain had spiked up to about a 6. Thank G-d for Advil and pinot noir.

Now we're making the long trip home. I wish we could somehow teleport ourselves back to New York and be spared the seemingly endless and painful drive that is highlighted by 112 miles on I-95 that spans the length of the state of Connecticut.

At least the Yankees are on the radio.

No comments: