Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Time in New York

Today was a beautiful day in New York - the kind of day when you can feel that the air has softened; gone is the sharp edge of winter.

Unfortunately, I didn't leave the confines of the office between 9:30 AM and 7:00 PM. It was still warm and nice when I finally left and even now, just having gone for a "pack walk" (Doug, me and the dog) it was still very pleasant. This is truly my favorite time of year.

Since I've stopped wearing my workout pants to work, I'm in jeans. All of my suit pants are hemmed for 3.5" heels, which I'm not quite ready for. My jeans are all hemmed for heels as well, but my cowboy boots are both high and low enough to work. Right now, they're my only option. I love them, but I just can't wear them every day.

As much as it breaks my heart, I might just have to go shoe shopping this weekend. Bummer ;)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for the advice about the bike gloves. You're right about "walking on your hands" all day. Unfortunately, I've always been the stubborn person who feels it's somehow better to "work through the pain," and therefore feel I should just deal with whatever comes. But I do know that those of you who have been there have invaluable advice, so thank you for the tips. I may pick up a pair of squishy bike gloves to make my life easier.
P.S. Let me know what you end up doing about your shoe/pants dilemma. I bought a couple of new pairs of shoes a few weeks back before realizing that my pants are going to drag on the ground while wearing them. What's a girl to do?!
Cass