Monday, April 21, 2008

Whooped

This morning at PT Adam had me add some new exercises to my routine, but still no cardio. It's starting to wear on me. He's told me he hasn't forgotten about my ambitions, but isn't ready to cut me loose. So instead he worked me hard and then told me to avoid stairs for the rest of the day. As if...

I was pretty sore all day today. I've depleted my and every one of my employees' supplies of Tylenol and Advil, so I went without and limped though the day. But still on a mission, I decided to head to the gym tonight after buying a 250 count bottle of Tylenol. I spent 20 minutes on the one and only piece of equipment I'm allowed to use: the hand bike. (I know it has a real name but it's escaping me.) So, 20 minutes later I had effectively hand-biked a third of a mile and burned 19 calories. I wish I were joking - NINETEEN. Gee, I think I'll have an extra carrot stick tonight... The worst part is that I didn't even break a sweat. So much for cardio on that thing.

I must have done something right though, because I passed out on the sofa while watching TV. Maybe the hand bike isn't all that bad?

No comments: