Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Syzygy

I saw Dr. Buly today for my six week check up. After looking at the x-rays and talking for a couple of minutes, he said "let me see you walk." "Without crutches???" I replied. No, as it turns out - first things first, I walked using the crutches but bearing weight. I'm cleared to walk on two legs and go without the crutches or a cane when at home. Wahoo! Mind you, my right leg has all of the stability of a toddler's, but I'm walking!

I'm also good to start PT. As soon as I can get an appointment.... Right now they don't have any openings before April 10th, but the kind woman on the phone said she would check with the supervisor tomorrow morning to see if they can get me in sooner than that. Fingers crossed.

I got my TSA card, for what it's worth. A pre-printed card with my name written on it with a Sharpie. How very official. I had better keep up my American Airlines Platinum status - I think I'll get a lot further with that card to be honest.

Doug and I cabbed to my office and then walked (all of a block and a half) to the tax accountant. By this point, my arms were already feeling chafed due to the crutch-walking and I was ready for a cane.

The planets must be properly aligned today, because we made out OK with the tax accountant too. Through an error on the part of Doug's company and an extra estimated payment that I made last year, it looks like we might actually squeak out a refund. It would be nice not to have to write a check to the IRS for a change.

I called our local pharmacist on the way home and he stayed opened for us to stop by so I could buy a (very geriatric looking) cane. I really need to get myself something cooler than this...

Off to Dog School now.

:)

1 comment:

Susie said...

Towards the end of my crutching days, I was contemplating buying a cane or just staying on one crutch. I ended up staying o one crutch and then ditching everything completely. The next day, I found a pink cane at my local CVS! Had I only known...
Good luck losing all the equipment!
-susie