Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Commute from Hell

I tried to be good today, especially after getting a kind-hearted talking to from one of my (2) bosses about not trying to be a hero when I should be taking the time that I need to get well. (We'll see what the other boss says tomorrow, but I suspect he would have preferred me back in the office on the day after I was sprung from the hospital.) So, like a good girl, I left the office at 3ish and headed to Grand Central.

The good news was that I got there with plenty of time to catch the 3:50 express train home, which would have me there and on the sofa with my feet up by 4:30. The bad news is that I didn't actually get home until almost 6:30 due to the collapse of an abandoned building in the vicinity of the tracks in Harlem which rendered all of the trains stranded at the station for well over an hour and a half.

So much for catching an afternoon nap. Will have to try for one again tomorrow.

On the whole, I'm feeling good. I only take Tylenol for the pain when I need it and most days I'm below the 4000 mg maximum that I'm allowed. I do get tired though - the crutching combined with the repair work that's going on inside of me takes a fair amount of energy. Perhaps the part I underestimated the most.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, No! I called you at the office the second I heard about the collapse. I must have missed you. Rats!! We would have come and gotten you!

I hope you are resting today. Go slow, superhero.

xox
Jessica