Friday, March 7, 2008

Steri-Strip Tease

Dr Buly made about an 8" incision along the outside of my thigh. He closed it up using a plastic surgery technique (no staples, no removable stitches) and then topped it off with 15 pieces of Steri-Strips plus those that went over the arthroscopy and drain incisions. Three weeks and a day later I still have 12 left - only the top 3 have fallen off. OK, one of them had a little help, which turned out not to be the best thing, but I really thought it was just hanging on by a thread...

At this rate, I think I'll still have some left when I go back to Dr. Buly in another 3 plus weeks. The incision is healing well, of what little I can see. Long gone are the techni-color bruises and I can honestly say, I don't think the scar will be all that bad.

Thankfully, my days of daisy-dukes are long over or else I might feel otherwise.

I worked from home today. Paris must have clocked me over the head around 3 PM, because she and I dozed off on the sofa and slept like the dead until almost 6 PM.

I feel like I've slept more in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 months!

No comments: