Thursday, March 27, 2008

Penguin Makes Dinner

Today I figured out what I look like when I walk without my cane: a penguin. I have that perfect penguiny, in not too much of a hurry, waddle. Me thinks I should refrain from wearing black and white while I am in this phase of my recovery...

The cane is a weird thing. I don't feel like I'm leaning on it too much, but when I use it I don't have the waddle. I pretty much walk like a normal person, seemingly not in need of a cane. Cane down, I'm a penguin again. Ah, well.

I got a call back from the PT peeps and they had a cancellation tomorrow morning at 8:00 (yeah, I'd cancel too, who wants to do PT that early in the day - really?!) But I'll take what I can get. Maybe they'll be so impressed with my waddling skills that they'll throw me a mackerel as a reward.

I'm home today and have decided to put my waddling to work and am making dinner for Doug for the first time on my SixWeekAversery. I hope he likes the surprise - I'm quite sure he will.

Not on the menu: Mackerel or any other raw fish, frozen or otherwise.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

You're funny. I just hope it doesn't turn any colder or snow cause you might start to grow feathers! Glad to hear your six-week appointment went well. Fantastic!

MY PAO STORY said...

I understand exactly what you mean about waddling! I waddle more now (without my cane) than when I was pregnant and HUGE!! I found that I feel much more stable using a cane than one crutch. Glad things are going well for you!
Beth