Monday, March 3, 2008

This Ain't the Mall...

I took a later train into work today so as to avoid the bulk of commuters. I made it from Grand Central to Times Square in 17 minutes (using the Shuttle.) I can normally do the walk in about 12 - 15 minutes, so I consider this to be an accomplishment.

Both of my meetings were cancelled/rescheduled which was kinda nice except for the fact that my loaner laptop that was supposed to be there when I got back, wasn't, so I wasn't terribly productive.

Left the office at 3:00 to head to the dentist for my replacement, replacement filling (which he didn't charge me for - guess it was under warranty...) and by the time I got there (via cab) I was fried. I nearly fell asleep while I was waiting for the Novocaine to take effect. I did manage to crutch my way from his office to GCT - 8 short blocks and one long block. Surprisingly, I didn't pass out on the train.

What I learned today is this - I need to cut myself some slack. I'm gonna come in on the late side and leave on the early side until I have the stamina to do this. I must have done the equivalent of 1,000 push ups today - if I can manage to raise the toothbrush to my mouth tomorrow morning, I'll be amazed.

No comments: