Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lots To Do

It's Sunday afternoon and right at this minute I'm really, really thankful that I don't have to go into work tomorrow (which I would have) because I still have a lot to do:
  • Finish shopping for my husband's Christmas gifts
  • Wrap his gifts
  • Finish up with about two more family Christmas gifts
  • Get a pedicure (of course)
  • Return my new cell phone since I just got my post-layoff blackberry
  • Email still more people re thanks for thinking of me this week and PS please hire me as a freelancer as soon as I'm off of the DL...
  • Straighten up my side of the bedroom because I hate an untidy room and I'll be spending more time than normal in there soon.
  • Have a nice dinner at home and savor a glass (or two) of wine since it'll be a few weeks before I do that again.

My left hip has been hurting more than usual in the last 24 hours - and in a strange way, I'm very happy for that. It was never, ever as bad as the right but I still knew that it was better to get it taken care of sooner rather than later. I suppose the good thing about worrying for 4 months straight about being laid off is that it was part of the reason why I decided to have this done NOW. I'm glad I've still got the decent insurance, I'm glad I'll have my disability time. It was definitely the right move. I think my left hip has just been reminding me of this in it's own way.

No comments: