Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fugitive

I never made it to the gym on Friday to suspend the membership - I took a nap instead.

Yesterday we made our way up to Cape Cod to see Doug's family. It's a year in which we would have normally been with them for the holidays. His parents are getting on in years and can't come to us, so we made the drive. We're staying at the inn where we customarily stay, having made (and paid for) the room well before my surgery. Ours is a nice room with a big king bed on the ground level and dog friendly.

I know that Dr. B. wants me to be extra cautious with my right leg, thus the house arrest. I am being super careful, but what I didn't count on is this: I. Am. Wiped. Out. I'm glad we're not traveling back today because it would be too, too much. This morning I got up for breakfast and then went back to bed until noon.

The upside to my escape is that I now fully and completely understand why I need to rest and I remain thankful that I have the time to do so.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Get your rest! I was so tired after my second one as well. You're doing the right thing by listening to your body. Just don't feel guilty about not being able to do much. Your body is just mad that you've made it undergo another surgery so soon! Take care of yourself.