Saturday, May 3, 2008

What's In My Pocket?!

Doug and I rode up to CT tonight to attend a going away party. It's about a 2 hour ride each way.

A few weeks ago when I rode in the car for long periods of time I'd get really uncomfortable - stiff from sitting too long, and in pain lingering from the surgery. Now the long rides don't bother me, but bucket seats give me a whole new sensation. It feels like I have something in my pocket. Something that's pushing on the right side of my leg. What I'm feeling is the blade plate. The swelling has gone - I can even lie on that side. It's just feels weird.

Before I had my surgery, I remember Sarah telling me that she could feel her plate. As I recall, she described the feeling as being neither good nor bad just that "it feels like I have a metal plate in my leg." At the time I was like, "huh?" Now I know exactly what she meant.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Great news on sitting in the car for so long. I've found that sitting for any amount of time is the way to make me the most uncomfortable, but it's bearable.
Weird that you can feel that metal plate. I hope I never feel my screws!
Take care,
Cassie

LH said...

Hi Cass -

I'm so glad you made it through your surgery and are at home again! You will get better and stronger each and every day. Soon you'll be sitting again without any pain.

Hang in there!
Laura