Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ooops, I Did It Again

I woke up this morning and realized that I didn't post anything yesterday. But after 3+ months, I feel as though my hip has finally started to take a backseat in my everyday consciousness. As the pain lessens, as my strength grows, as my range of motion increases, my right hip is no longer in the spotlight.

When I went out for lunch yesterday, one of the security guards in our building approached me in the lobby and asked if I was OK. "I'm fine, " I replied, having no idea why he'd asked. "Oh, well you're limping." "Oh, right! Yeah, I was the girl on crutches a few weeks back, remember?" It's exchanges like these that bring it back.

Also yesterday at PT, Adam said that he's going to cut me back to once a week starting next month and then soon after that I'll be at the point where I only come in for a "check in" every few weeks or so before my next surgery. Apparently, he has no plans to use up all 60 of the PT visits I'm allowed by Cigna.

And so, I think I'm going to dial things back a wee bit on the blog - maybe take a modified summer hiatus. I'll still post when there's relevant news in Hipville; I'll continue to update on the Cigna appeal saga. And I'll be back in full force this Fall as I ramp it up in getting ready for my left hip surgery.

No comments: