Monday, May 5, 2008

Essence of Penguin

I realized that my entry from yesterday may have been misleading. It's not like I've lost my limp permanently, I just no longer have it constantly.

When I'm tired, when I've PT'ed too much, when I've worn my pumps for longer than I should have, when I carry too much weight, I limp. I also revert back to penguin whenever I have to move quickly.

Here's the visual: today was a nice Spring morning and I left PT feeling pretty damn good about my progress. I hit the street and begin to j-walk across Madison Avenue on my way to the subway. Halfway to the other side, I'm forced into a "run" in order to avoid getting hit by a livery car and I immediately turn back into a penguin. I might as well be running across the ice to get away from the sea lion. All I need are yellow webbed feet and a beak to complete the look.

Penguin is no longer feeling quite so smug.

No comments: