Friday, May 23, 2008

What Blade Plate?

Today I'm flying to Chicago for a shoot. This morning I intentionally opted out of putting my hair up, so as to not have to deal with the barrette setting off the metal detector.

Flash forward an hour and a half and I'm at Laguardia with a sea of Travel Rookies - those who don't know the Do's and Don'ts of airport security and who bog down the lines - traveling for the holiday weekend. I deftly get into the shortest line, thanking my lucky stars for not being behind the TR family of 6 that is directly behind me. Coat off, bag of liquids in the bin, shoes off, boarding pass in hand, and I breeze through. I've done this a thousand times - I'm the model of efficiency at this.

Now I'm up in the AC killing time before boarding and it just occurred to me that as I was passing through security, I never even thought about the hunk of metal that's taken up temporary residence in my leg. I'm walking normally, feeling good, and it evidently doesn't set off the alarms. For this moment, I'm just a normal frequent flyer.

Love that.

No comments: