Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Which Hip???

I leave a message for Allison at Dr. Buly's office first thing in the morning, explaining the whole wrong year bit.

She calls me back - the year on the predetermination is 2008. She faxes me a copy so that I have something to back me up when I call the insurance company AGAIN...

I'm on the phone with the insurance company - at first they maintain that the date on the fax is 08/08/02 (yes, six years ago) and then they finally find the right one. At least they've stopped trying to tell me that this must be an out-patient procedure. Then I notice that the predetermination is written for my LEFT hip. Ooops! I can just see it - a year or so from now, I'll be arguing with the insurance company because they'll be insisting that I already had my left hip done...

I call Allison back - it's good that I caught it. She'll resubmit, I'll hit the New Game button and start the insurance battle once again.

The procedures that I'm having are a Hip Arthroscopy and a Derotation Osteotomy. On my RIGHT hip... The predetermination is just for Dr. Buly's fees, not the whole kit and kaboodle.

My hips don't lie - they'll will be worth more than Shakira's by the time I'm done.

No comments: