Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shopping

Went to Nordie's today and bought 6 pair of pants that I can wear to work post-surgery. They're designed for work out, but are loose enough that paired with the right top, they'll look acceptable. I refuse the throw in the towel on my looks throughout recovery. That said, I also got a pair of Mefisto shoes (mary janes with velco closures - ewww!) and a backpack purse that I may later return - it just goes against every grain of my fashion sense. On the way home I stopped at our local bike shop and picked up a pair of gloves in order to make the crutches less painful - thank you Marcy for the suggestion.

I've got a little over a month to go. I'm not known for my patience - I wish I could just go in on Monday and just get this over with. The sooner it's done, the sooner I'll be on my way to not having the constant pain.

I'm going to get though this just fine - it won't be easy, but I can deal. And, I'm going to have beautiful arms this summer...

No comments: