Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Insurance BS.2

Insurance companies have a bad rap for a reason...

I just called to follow up on my surgery predetermination and was told that the wrong year was entered on the form ('07 not '08) sooooooo it's got to be done all over again otherwise it will be denied. Like someone would actually file a predetermination claim 11 months after a surgery...

And the bill that I received for X-rays the insurance company supposedly paid in full, even though I'm being billed $261 by HSS. Of course they can't send me a copy of the explanation of benefits so I just have to go on their word that they are going to resend it to HSS. The first time I called them about this bill they said that they hadn't paid anything on it at all.

I have the feeling that a.) this isn't the end of this bill and b.) this is only the tip of the insurance BS iceberg.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah - hold on - the insurance ride is about to begin. Stick to your guns if they try to give you any crap. Their job is to save money for the company and not pay, so they will try to make you think you have to. But in the end, they cave. The good news is HSS is awesome about all of this and totally knows what a cesspool of madness it is and will not give you a hard time.

LH said...

Yeah, I've quickly come to the conclusion that I need to be on the offense with the insurance company. I'm taking copious notes every time I call. I just found out today that I can get a reference number for each call too. I refuse to roll over for them!