Thursday, January 24, 2008

Three Week Mark

I'm feeling myself again today. The pity party is over for now.

Got the filling refilled. It occurred to me today that I've never had a dentist whom I actually liked until I found this one about two years ago. For those of you in the NYC area - here's my plug: Dr. Anthony Classi. The best.

Went to Pilate's class - the next to last one on my 10 pack. I'm a big fan of Pilate's - highly recommend it. Right now I'm particularly focused on my upper body strength and ways that I can keep my core strong while I'm on crutches. I'm thinking it'll probably be May before I'm back at it, but I'll have lots of fun, fun, PT to tide me over!

I did about a year of PT before throwing in the towel and going to Dr. Buly. It sucked. I'm hoping that wherever I go after my surgery it will suck less.

My friend Liz is in town from Florida and we met for dinner. Really good to see her again. I think what's most surprising to others about my situation is that I don't LOOK like anything's wrong. I can still walk and sit and be a normal person. It's the 20 Advils that I've sucked down today that make me not normal. She was very encouraging and reassuring. (Thanks Liz! It was so good to see you!)

No comments: