Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here We Go Again

It was less than a 12 months ago that I first met with Dr. Buly and proceeded on to my Year of the Hip. Now I'm 8 weeks away from having my second FO, more arthroscopy, and the hardware removed from my right hip. I'm most excited about the latter. There are days when I just want to grab a pocket knife and screwdriver and take that thing out myself.

Today I made an appointment for X-rays and my pre-surgery meeting with Dr. B. for next Wednesday. Also on the agenda is to get back into the gym with renewed determination to build up my strength some more on the right side, re-tone the arms and work on the abductors on the left side. I've also got the 8 weeks to shed about 8 extra pounds. I made sure I was on the low side of my average weight before I went in the last time and I feel like it helped - less to slug around on crutches.

It's a lot easier this go around. There's none of the anxiety - I know what to expect, I know what I'm capable of. I'm also glad I wrote the blog, if for no other reason than to have the bench marks - showering for the first time, getting out of the house, stopping the Vicodin's, going to concerts at Madison Square Garden... that kinda thing.

I don't have any dread - so far. More than anything, I want to get this done. I want to be fully well. I want to be done with the Year of the Hip.

No comments: