Saturday, October 11, 2008

Change of Date

My left hip surgery date just shifted by a week.

Dr. Buly travels a lot to lecture on All Things Hip (or similar) and turns out he'll be away on December 2nd. Elaine gave me a lot of other dates to choose from including the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which could be problematic considering that Doug and I will be hosting about 15 people this year... I also could have chosen Thursday, December 4th, but I decided to push it a full week until the 9th.

My first surgery was on a Thursday and that was all well and good, but what I failed to consider is that Dr. B. and Elaine actually have LIVES. That meant instead of having them to tend to me on the weekend, I had a steady stream of residents and interns checking on me. If you want to feel really old, stay in the hospital over the weekend. I know that they're competent and all, and I have full confidence that they'd pick up the phone and call Dr. B if there had been a problem, but I swear some of them were barely old enough to shave.

Thanks Doogie Howser, but I think I want the big boys (and girls) looking after me this time.

No comments: