Tuesday, November 11, 2008

4 Weeks to Go

Today I'm 4 weeks out from my surgery date. In fact, at this time a month from now my surgery will be OVER. I'll be in my room and on my way to recovery. I can't wait.

I've definitely been way more laid back this time around. After all, I know what to expect. Oh sure, I still have my staff on Sick Patrol - i.e. don't come in if you're sick and don't come near me if you think you might be. But I'd like to shed a few pounds and I've been working out some, but not nearly as much as I should be. It's been crazy busy at work and I just don't have the free time. Last February I was much more focused on the surgery because I had no idea what to expect and getting in shape was, in part, how I dealt with the stress of it. I'm not stressed this time around.

I read Cass' post about every surgery being different - a point I took to heart. I can't expect this to be any easier just because I've been through it before. To start, in addition to the usual femoral osteotomy and arthroscopy, I'll also be having the metal plate (or deep implant in insurance speak) removed and that will make it more challenging. But, what I do know is this - I won't break. I know that I'm strong and my attitude is good. It's going to be OK.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Best of luck, Laura, in the next month. It will come and go much easier than the last one, especially if you're already noticing you're not as focused on the second one. That's the same way I was, and it made a lot of things easier. Enjoy this last month!
Cass