Monday, November 24, 2008

2 Weeks and a Day

Last night it started to hit me for the first time this time that - OMG, my surgery is in TWO WEEKS!

I'm not worried about the pain or the surgery - been there, done that. I'm a little concerned about my right leg being able to carry the load since it will also have been opened up for the hardware removal and it's still less than a year since it was fixed. I only have two more weeks to get my ducks in a row, finish my Christmas shopping, wrap up the loose ends. I know that it will be here tomorrow.

What is perhaps most daunting to me this time, is that I know how looooooong it takes to get better. For the entire season of Winter I will be walking with a device - walker, crutches, gimp sticks, and then cane. I must focus on Spring and the renewal that the season symbolizes, for I will finally have a complete set of rebuilt hips.

No comments: